Are you having trouble receiving our emails? Make sure to whitelist us to ensure emails from Forbury make it through your inbox filters. This article will cover how to whitelist an email in Outlook and Gmail. By the end, you’ll have all the information you need to make sure that you don't miss out on future emails from us.
Why Whitelist an Email Address?
A whitelisted email address will always be allowed into your inbox, ensuring that your email account is working for you as much as possible.
Not being able to whitelist email senders renders you unable to get notifications when you receive important emails that you need to read. Whatever email provider you use, it’s crucial to understand how to whitelist an email in order to make sure that nothing falls through the cracks.
How to Whitelist an Email in Outlook
Whitelisting in Outlook.com is easy and works by adding our domains to a group called “safe senders”. An address that has been added to safe senders will be pushed to your inbox regardless of your spam filters.
To add us in to your safe senders:
- On the Web version of Outlook, click on “Settings” (in the top-right corner of the screen), then “View all Outlook settings”.
- Go to “Junk email”, then choose “Safe senders and domains” or “Safe mailing lists”.
- Enter the domain names "@forbury.com" and "@forburyproperty.com". Make sure to include the @ character for domain names in order to only whitelist emails with the exact string of characters you entered (and nothing more).
How to Whitelist an Email in Gmail
If you’re using Gmail as your email provider, it’s easy to set things up so that we are whitelisted for all future communications.
The Gmail whitelist process can be done quickly through the web version:
- Click the settings icon (in the top-right corner of the screen), then select “Settings” from the resulting drop-down menu.
- Navigate to the tab labeled “Filtered and Blocked Addresses”.
- Select “Create a new filter” and enter " @forbury.com | @forburyproperty.com" in the "From" section "@forbury.com". This will tell Gmail to approve every email from us.
- Click “Create filter” to approve the new filter, then mark “Never send to Spam” to whitelist every email within the filter. You can also choose to Star these emails, Apply a given label, or Mark them as important.
1. What does it mean to whitelist an email?
An email whitelisted address is considered trustworthy, so all messages sent from it reach the inbox even if they contain suspicious links or attachments. Email whitelisting can help ensure that important messages from known senders don’t end up in the spam folder.
2. How do I whitelist an email in Outlook?
There’s no Outlook whitelist. Instead, Outlook users can mark certain senders as safe, which effectively accomplishes the same thing as whitelisting does in other service providers.
3. How do I whitelist an email in the Gmail app?
Unfortunately, it’s not possible to whitelist Gmail or any other mail address in the Gmail app on Android or iOS, so you need to log in to Gmail in your web browser and whitelist the email address from there.
4. Where can I find the Gmail "safe sender" list?
In Gmail, you can find safe senders right along blocked mail addresses. Open the settings page and click Filters and Blocked Addresses. Look for safe mail addresses in the first section, which is titled “The following filters are applied to all incoming mail”.
If you have any further questions, please email us.